The Airedale Group is a UK-based group of companies that specialises in the design, installation, maintenance, and servicing of commercial kitchens and catering equipment. They work with a variety of clients, including hotels, restaurants, schools, hospitals, and other businesses that require food service facilities. The group has been in operation for over 30 years and has a strong reputation for providing high-quality products and services to its clients.
We are the market leading design, installation, and maintenance provider for commercial kitchens in the UK hospitality and food service industry. We work alongside clients from the initial designs through to bespoke fabrication and installation. Coupled with the largest body of professional maintenance engineers in the country, we offer the complete end to end solution. We have developed long-standing relationships with our extensive, blue chip client base.
The IT Engineer will be a vital member of the IT Operations & Security team and will play a key role in ensuring the reliability, security, and efficiency of the organisation’s IT infrastructure. Reporting directly to the Group Head of IT Operations & Security, this role involves a wide range of responsibilities, including managing hardware and software, providing technical support, and contributing to the organisation’s cybersecurity efforts.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows desktops and laptops.
- Manage mobile devices and tablets, ensuring security and compliance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on end-user devices.
- Install, update, and maintain software applications on desktops and servers.
- Monitor application performance and optimise for efficiency.
- Provide end-user support for application-related inquiries and issues.
- Assist in managing and maintaining network infrastructure, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Ensure network availability, performance, and security.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues and liaise with service providers when needed.
- Administer on-site servers, ensuring their availability and optimal performance.
- Install, configure, and maintain server hardware and operating systems.
- Monitor server resources and troubleshoot server-related issues.
- Administer Azure cloud resources, including virtual machines, storage, and networking.
- Create, configure, and manage virtual machines in Azure.
- Monitor and optimise Azure services for performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for on-premises and cloud-based systems.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Regularly test and verify backup and recovery processes.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining cybersecurity measures and policies.
- Monitor security alerts and respond to incidents promptly.
- Contribute to security audits and assessments.
- Provide technical support to end-users, resolving IT-related issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure effective problem resolution.
- Offer guidance and training to end-users as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of IT configurations and procedures.
- Generate reports on system performance, incidents, and security.
- Assist in compliance reporting and audits.
- Collaborate effectively with team members and other departments.
- Communicate technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Participate in IT team meetings and contribute to IT strategy discussions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in IT operations, infrastructure management, and support.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, Azure, virtualisation technologies, and cybersecurity best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft certifications) are a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
Hours of Work:
Standard office hours are 08:30am – 5pm (with some flexibility). There will be a requirement to occasionally work out of normal business hours in order to support updates, patches and installations.
If you are interested in this role, please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The work that Airedale undertook from planning to completion was professional throughout. We are extremely pleased with the finished kitchen and the work that was completed. Their Account Manager advised, planned and updated us throughout and we found the process ‘stress free’. The catering team at Sandycroft are delighted with their new kitchen and really pleased that they were able to have input into the design and needs of their service provision. We have already engaged with Airedale for future planned projects following this investment and look forward to continuing our partnership.”
Newydd Catering & Cleaning
“We found Airedale to be wholly professional and willing to engage with us from the onset, listening to our own concerns and addressing these in a timely manner. We are very pleased with the overall project.”
“We were hugely impressed with the professional presentation made by Airedale, their project sales manager had clearly done his research prior to our initial meeting and had a number of detailed, thoughtful solutions to our particular challenges. All of their staff were conscientious and the complex project was delivered within the strict timescale and budget allocated.”
Parker's Garden Centre
“Airedale have a great can-do attitude, are willing to help and have a great understanding of their trade and working on Heritage sites, meaning that that they are good and prompt at problem solving.”
“The team at Airedale provided a reassuring sense of professionalism within our development. Their holistic considered approach meant that aspects that would not necessarily fall within their remit were identified and where required resolved prior to any issue or delay arising. Their willingness to share their experience and knowledge allowed the project to be delivered to the standard which exceeded our expectation.”
Langdale Estate and Spa
“Since the restaurant has opened there has been an increase in the staff footfall, with the well designed layout coupled with the use of the latest technology keeping queues down to a minimum. The whole installation despite its complexity was relatively pain free with the communication between Airedale’s Project Manager and ourselves being a key factor.”
Advanced Engineering Centre
“Our new catering facilities are second to none. As a primary provider of professional chef qualifications within the South West it was imperative to have a design which enabled excellent quality teaching and training. As a catering team we are extremely pleased with the final results; with the excellent support of Airedale it has enabled us to ensure first rate delivery of teaching in a first rate environment and will no doubt continue to aspire future chefs in future years.”
Petroc College, Barnstaple
“The Airedale Group were appointed because of their depth of knowledge and experience in delivering similar schemes. Their staff were very professional and on-hand to answer any queries we had whilst our Chef’s have commented that it is one of the best designed kitchens they have worked in.”
“We were continually impressed with Airedale’s performance on this scheme. They assisted us with value engineering options throughout the tender process; were very competitive commercially and managed the on-site works seamlessly. Further, following practical completion they have attended to the operator’s queries very quickly and held themselves professionally whilst working in a live hotel environment. ”