IT Support Engineer
The Airedale Group is a UK-based group of companies that specialises in the design, installation, maintenance, and servicing of commercial kitchens and catering equipment. They work with a variety of clients, including hotels, restaurants, schools, hospitals, and other businesses that require food service facilities. The group has been in operation for over 30 years and has a strong reputation for providing high-quality products and services to its clients.
We are the market leading design, installation, and maintenance provider for commercial kitchens in the UK hospitality and food service industry. We work alongside clients from the initial designs through to bespoke fabrication and installation. Coupled with the largest body of professional maintenance engineers in the country, we offer the complete end to end solution. We have developed long-standing relationships with our extensive, blue chip client base.
As an IT Support Engineer at The Airedale Group, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of our diverse technology ecosystem. Your primary responsibility will be to provide technical assistance to our field engineers, who rely on Android mobile devices and Windows laptops, as well as our office-based staff utilising Windows 10 and 11 desktops and laptops.
Your friendly and approachable manner will be essential as you interact with colleagues seeking IT support via phone, email, and our ticketing system. With your expertise in diagnosing and resolving technical issues, both remotely and on-site, you will contribute to maintaining high levels of user satisfaction and productivity.
Collaborating with fellow IT team members, you will collectively address complex technical challenges, while your documentation skills will help build a knowledge base of common issues and solutions.
Your ability to adapt to evolving technologies and provide exceptional customer service will make you an integral part of our IT support team, contributing to the success of The Airedale Group. This position is based in our Weymouth office, and your willingness to provide on-site support when needed will be greatly valued.
- Provide technical support to field engineers using Android mobile devices and Windows laptops, as well as office-based staff using Windows 10 and 11 desktops/laptops.
- Assist with troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues remotely and on-site.
- Respond to IT support requests via phone, email, or ticketing system.
- Maintain an organised and up-to-date record of support requests and resolutions.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to resolve more complex technical issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- Solid understanding of Android mobile devices, Windows laptops, Windows 10 and 11 operating systems, common office software, and basic networking concepts.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues effectively, both remotely and on-site.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Friendly and approachable manner when dealing with colleagues seeking IT assistance.
- Strong customer service orientation. Patiently guide users through technical issues and provide timely updates on their support requests.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems for tracking and managing IT support requests.
- Experience in providing remote IT support using tools like remote desktop software.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation for common technical issues and solutions.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools as the company’s IT infrastructure evolves.
- Ability to work well within a team, especially when resolving complex technical problems.
Based in the Weymouth office
A relevant IT certification (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator, etc.) would be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Please highlight any experience in providing phone and ticket-based IT support in your application.
- Include relevant examples of assisting users with Android, Windows, and networking issues.
- Emphasise your interpersonal skills and friendly demeanour as they will play a crucial role in supporting a diverse team.
If you are interested in this role, please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The work that Airedale undertook from planning to completion was professional throughout. We are extremely pleased with the finished kitchen and the work that was completed. Their Account Manager advised, planned and updated us throughout and we found the process ‘stress free’. The catering team at Sandycroft are delighted with their new kitchen and really pleased that they were able to have input into the design and needs of their service provision. We have already engaged with Airedale for future planned projects following this investment and look forward to continuing our partnership.”
Newydd Catering & Cleaning
“We found Airedale to be wholly professional and willing to engage with us from the onset, listening to our own concerns and addressing these in a timely manner. We are very pleased with the overall project.”
“We were hugely impressed with the professional presentation made by Airedale, their project sales manager had clearly done his research prior to our initial meeting and had a number of detailed, thoughtful solutions to our particular challenges. All of their staff were conscientious and the complex project was delivered within the strict timescale and budget allocated.”
Parker's Garden Centre
“Airedale have a great can-do attitude, are willing to help and have a great understanding of their trade and working on Heritage sites, meaning that that they are good and prompt at problem solving.”
“The team at Airedale provided a reassuring sense of professionalism within our development. Their holistic considered approach meant that aspects that would not necessarily fall within their remit were identified and where required resolved prior to any issue or delay arising. Their willingness to share their experience and knowledge allowed the project to be delivered to the standard which exceeded our expectation.”
Langdale Estate and Spa
“Since the restaurant has opened there has been an increase in the staff footfall, with the well designed layout coupled with the use of the latest technology keeping queues down to a minimum. The whole installation despite its complexity was relatively pain free with the communication between Airedale’s Project Manager and ourselves being a key factor.”
Advanced Engineering Centre
“Our new catering facilities are second to none. As a primary provider of professional chef qualifications within the South West it was imperative to have a design which enabled excellent quality teaching and training. As a catering team we are extremely pleased with the final results; with the excellent support of Airedale it has enabled us to ensure first rate delivery of teaching in a first rate environment and will no doubt continue to aspire future chefs in future years.”
Petroc College, Barnstaple
“The Airedale Group were appointed because of their depth of knowledge and experience in delivering similar schemes. Their staff were very professional and on-hand to answer any queries we had whilst our Chef’s have commented that it is one of the best designed kitchens they have worked in.”
“We were continually impressed with Airedale’s performance on this scheme. They assisted us with value engineering options throughout the tender process; were very competitive commercially and managed the on-site works seamlessly. Further, following practical completion they have attended to the operator’s queries very quickly and held themselves professionally whilst working in a live hotel environment. ”